There is no one-size-fits-all answer to the common question: How much Shampoo & Conditioner should I be using? There are a few factors that come into play, like your hair type, what product you’re using, the length of your hair, and more. But, we’re giving you a few tips on how to consider those factors so you’ll get the best use of our products.
When it comes to Shampoos & Conditioners, here’s how you can find what works for you:
Think About Each Product Each Living Proof product is totally different – formulated with specific hair types and concerns in mind. But when it comes to our Shampoos & Conditioners, here are a few tips:
1. As a general rule of thumb, if the product feels light, you can likely use more of it.
2. If it is a more moisturizing shampoo or conditioner, like No Frizz or Restore, you can go a little lighter.
3. For something like our Color Care Shampoo, the other factors below will play a huge part.
Let’s Look at Your Hair Type
If you have fine or short hair, you may want to use your product sparingly. If your hair tends to be on the oily side, it might be worth starting with a small amount of detox shampoo and seeing how your hair adjusts after a few washes. Similarly for hair mask treatments before your shampoo, you may choose to go light on the first few rounds of using a new hair mask for damaged hair and re-evaluate after a few uses and seeing how your hair and scalp feel.
For our shampoos, you should be adding enough so you get a good lather. If you’re finding no bubbles, consider this a sign to add a bit more! If you have coarse, long, or curly hair, you can generally use the product a little more liberally.
With our conditioners, you won’t notice a lather — but you will notice a sleek, smooth feeling when in the shower. That feeling should go from root to ends, so finger-comb the product through (length of hair is a huge factor here!), and if you don’t feel the conditioner in an area, add a little bit more.
Pro Tip: For our curly-haired friends, we recommend using more than just a coin-sized amount of conditioner. It will help you get rid of those tangles! Try our line of frizzy hair products specifically designed to smooth curly locks.
When It Comes to Styling, Consider Your #HairGoals
When you’re out of the shower and ready to style, each product will help determine how much to use. We’ve taken a few of our favorites (and best-sellers) to give you a few tips.
1. Full Dry Volume Blast® – To add instant volume, spray 10 inches away from your hair. Section roots, lift, and spray from roots to end.
2. No Frizz Humidity Shield – To prevent frizz, apply on dry, styled hair as a final step or quick touch-up. Hold the canister 10 inches away from your head and spray as needed.
3. Full Thickening Mousse – To add touchable body and fullness, use an egg-sized amount of product on damp hair from roots to ends. You might consider using a root lifting spray if you are looking to give your hair an extra lift at the roots that lasts all day.Need a little more clarity? Check out this snapshot below.
Need a little more clarity? Check out this snapshot below.
Now that you know your product proportions, it’s time to start testing to find what works for you. Ready to find your best hair ever? Take our quiz to find out what products we recommend.
Share your findings with us on social media @livingproofinc.